The new reservation system for climbers just opened for the season. See the park's Wilderness Permits Page to make a reservation. This is a new system so it will take some time to get used to, but we're no longer using a fax machine! Here's the gist:
- Go to the Wilderness Permits Page and familiarize yourself with the information there
- Click the big blue button that says "Go to Reservation Request Form"
- Fill out the form with your information and your trip itinerary
- Submit the form
- Wait for the confirmation that your reservation went through (we start processing April 1st)
- Take your confirmation code and go to the Pay.Gov website to pay for your passes and fee
- Come to the park and go to a Ranger Station to check in for your trip
- Return to a Ranger Station and check out from your climb
- Drive safely back home
There's more information regarding the reservation process and about what happens if your first-choice itinerary isn't available. As a reminder: reservations aren't mandatory, but they are a good idea if your party size is large, people are travelling a long distance with a limited time frame, or if you want to climb on a weekend in July. Every camp also has sites designated for walk-ups that aren't available to reserve in advance.
There's bound to be a couple bumps in the road as we move to this new system, so bear with us!